Tuesday 11 December 2012

Could not load assembly

I have created a class library project, and build assembly using .net 4.0, i created a console app to test my dll and it was working fine, when i registered it into GAC and in CRM plugin where I reference this assembly. when plugin was triggering I got error saying could not load assembly,

when looking into GAC assembly was there

Tried using fuslogvw to find where the problem is but no luck
Tried using dotpeek but no luck

Spent so much time in investigating why its working fine from console app but not from CRM plugin though I can see from gacutil -l "assembly name" that assembly is there.

Resolution:
Project was built using x86, and CRM app pool runs under 64 bit, so by changing build type of class library to any cpu everything is fine now.

No comments:

Post a Comment