Thursday 8 May 2014

Getting error of mulitpart root elements found when running custom activity to export report as pdf

when running a custom workflow activity which interacts with the sql server and exports the pdf file for it I was getting error message as multipart xml found however the config records had the correct xml. After a bit of investigation I found that the error message was actually coming from the SQLserver so I looked for the SSRS logs at the following location

%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS<your_version>.mssqlserver\Reporting Services\LogFiles

The error message was about the Data Source I used in the report for CRM wasn't of name DataSource_MSCRM and the report server had a data source of this name.

Resolution:
Update the Data Source name of the report hosted in the CRM to DataSource_MSCRM having embedded data source option selected.

Though the report worked fine from with in the CRM I was getting error from the custom activity so could be the error and resolution is very specific with the custom activity I used.

No comments:

Post a Comment